Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Is this really happening?


Well my summer hadn't been too eventful, just lots of catching up and seeing old friends... until about 2 hours ago. So a few months ago I went to a try-out for the under-20 national rugby team. I really didn't think I had a chance to make the team, but it was an opportunity for me to learn. The team was announced and surprisingly I made it as an alternate. I was happy with that result, I still got my name announced, but I didn't have to pay for a trip to South Africa (which also means I didn't get to play in South Africa). Even though I didn't make the actual team, I was happy. Then Bryn (the head coach) emails me and says to give him a call, which I proceed to do. Turns out a spot's opened up on the team and I'm first in line to fill it. So now my head is spinning. I mean, I have a chance to play for the United States National Rugby team... for the minuscule fee of flying to South Africa. That and it's two weeks I won't be working, that's if my job (which I don't even have yet) lets me have that much time off.

This is definitely something that I need to sleep on.

No comments: