Wednesday, October 7, 2009

what do i know of holy

it's easy to get into autopilot when our lives are going well, but it's at those times when we need to remember the most why it's going well. It's not out of our own good luck or skill, it's because we're not alone. Because we've been blessed with a network of friends and family ultimately backed up by the Lord Jesus Christ. We don't always know or understand how He affects our lives, but He is always there.
What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame,
And a God who gave life its name?
What do I know of Holy,
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows your name
On earth and heaven above.
What do I know of this love?
It's amazing how much our lives depend on those around us, and it's ok if we don't always understand it. The only thing we need to understand is that there is a God above who loves us and is always there when we need help.