Monday, May 5, 2008

and in the end... it all works out

After much debate and stress the final decision regarding South Africa was reached. Right now it's just not right for me and I have other things I need to be doing this summer. It's really hard for me to not go, just because of the immense opportunity it is, not only is it a place I've always wanted to go, but it's also the national rugby team. The possibilities for learning and becoming better are huge. but sometimes it's not in the cards, sometimes we don't know why we aren't supposed to do something, we just know it's not right. There's a quote I love that captures some feelings about hard decisions and about things that are difficult for us.

"...that pain you feel, that's life. The confusion and fear is there to remind you that somewhere out there, there's something better, and that something is worth fighting for."

We don't know what is in store for us, only God truly knows what the best path for us is and His guidance will never lead us astray. That I know and that is something which brings me a great deal of comfort. My life is mine to live and I don't know what's in store for me, but I do know that right now, I'm happy and in the end, that's all that matters

No comments: