Monday, May 26, 2008

Coffee Break

Sometimes I have a really hard time realizing that I'm actually an adult. I no longer depend on my parents for things, I have a full time job, I'm going to school. I miss being able to just sit and watch Disney movies, being able to take naps during the day, being able to sit and read a book without a deadline. Now life is filled with being thrown into the fire and growing up a lot faster than anybody wants. Everyone feels like they have to be involved in everything and eventually we're so caught up in our responsibilities that time to relax and be free is nearly non-existent. Sleep begins to take a back seat so that we can socialize and have fun, but isn't that how life is supposed to be? Always full, never time to stop and smell the roses, never time to be young again. That's what it means to be an adult, right? Same might answer that with a yes, but I beg to differ. No matter what anyone tells me, I refuse to believe that being an adult means not getting to do what you want. Not getting to spend a day or two of life being a kid again.
'Cause I've overcommitted myself
I guess this is growing up
I'm sleeping so little these days
I guess this is growing up.
Sometimes I feel like I'm so busy trying to make my life work, trying to get an education and work and be better that I don't have the time to go frolic in the rain, I don't have the time to go roll around in the mud. But I guess this is growing up.

No comments: